Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Charging Issue: Ohme or Car the issue?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Pedro212

Apr 14, 2023
UK
Hi All,

I have a Gen1 Ohme tethered charger, last night I plugged the car in (was on like 19%) and set to Max Charging, all is well and good. I wake up about 3AM to see an error about charging stopping unexpectedly, being a night owl I cycle the ohme and venture out to unplug it from the car and plug it back in, but the car is telling me charging is stopped, however the ohme is telling me it's charging the car.... wut?

I spoke to Ohme support this morning and they tell me it's a known issue on the M3, but why is it happening all of a sudden now? I've had the M3 for about 5 months now and this is the first issue I've had when it comes to charging.

I spent about 45 mins this morning and got it charging, seems the ohme charger port is the issue, bit of fine jiggling and eventually got it to charge.
This evening I tried to plug the charger back in and after 60 mins of messing it, I gave up. I decided to inspect the charging port (see attached).

Do you think the charger is the issue or potentially the charging port on the car (looks a bit grotty to me...)? Tomorrow I'll take the car to a public charger to rule out the socket before I fork out on a new home charger....

Charge Port.jpg

Thanks in advance!