Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Charging issues 36.5.5

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
First time with 2021.36.5.5 on a dedicated 32A charge point that we regularly use. We had done one charge previously there on 2021.36.5 where we got 32/32A. Todays charge I had to remotely tweak up the amps in the app from 31A to 32A as it was showing (and charging at) 31/32A.

On a slightly tangential topic, has anyone suffered from heavy iPhone battery drain following 36.5.5? My iPhone is on iOS 4.8; my partner's is on 4.8.1 and we have both noticed very rapid battery usage very recently. For instance, I washed the Tesla this morning, unplugging it in order to do so. It took me about an hour, during which my iPhone battery level dropped from about 80% to 1%. The Tesla app was responsible for 100% of this usage, according to the iPhone. I can't imagine what is causing this. Obviously I was near the Tesla (and my Tesla charge point) most of the time, but what on earth was the app doing?

Anyone else notice this?

Once we've overridden the amps, how do we get it to revert back to default?

As I upped the charging rate at home a few nights ago from 10A to 30A. But would equally appreciate being able to reset it to default behaviour, as some of the discussions make me believe it would be bad for me to leave at that new 'forced' level for some public chargers (unless I've misunderstood some of this thread).

Once we've overridden the amps, how do we get it to revert back to default?

As I upped the charging rate at home a few nights ago from 10A to 30A. But would equally appreciate being able to reset it to default behaviour, as some of the discussions make me believe it would be bad for me to leave at that new 'forced' level for some public chargers (unless I've misunderstood some of this thread).
You may find that it reverts to a default 16 amps … but unless you have actively set it at that level you should get what the charge point is capable of offering. You want the maximum available charge rate on public chargers so no worries.

On a slightly tangential topic, has anyone suffered from heavy iPhone battery drain following 36.5.5? My iPhone is on iOS 4.8; my partner's is on 4.8.1 and we have both noticed very rapid battery usage very recently. For instance, I washed the Tesla this morning, unplugging it in order to do so. It took me about an hour, during which my iPhone battery level dropped from about 80% to 1%. The Tesla app was responsible for 100% of this usage, according to the iPhone. I can't imagine what is causing this. Obviously I was near the Tesla (and my Tesla charge point) most of the time, but what on earth was the app doing?

Anyone else notice this?
Are you really on iOS 4.8? The latest iOS is 15.1.
my old iPhone SE has battery issues and lasts no time at all. My current iPhone 11pro ends the day on around 86%

When I got in the car this morning, after playing games with the app, my car displayed the max charge current was set to 48A!

Obviously my charge point didn't agree and so it didn't, but it amused me. I'll see if I can work out how I managed to confuse it.

First time with 2021.36.5.5 on a dedicated 32A charge point that we regularly use. We had done one charge previously there on 2021.36.5 where we got 32/32A. Todays charge I had to remotely tweak up the amps in the app from 31A to 32A as it was showing (and charging at) 31/32A.

And app reverted back to 31A so manually tweaked it back up to 32A.

1635885437305.png

last night’s boost was fine. The app showed 48 amps but used 30 for most of the charge. 31 amps was available and I slid it up.
not sure why 32 wasn’t but doesn’t matter. May have been a voltage thing.

last night’s boost was fine. The app showed 48 amps but used 30 for most of the charge. 31 amps was available and I slid it up.
not sure why 32 wasn’t but doesn’t matter. May have been a voltage thing.

Mine shows 31 amps on the app after charging even though it was set to 32 ... it's done that twice now. I wasn't awake to see if the charge point was offering 32 or 31 but I suspect it would be offering 32 as usual.

That's curious dropping 1 amp on the app display 'cause that's what is happening charging from my Zappi ... though 31 from 32 amps in my case.

This particular issue was related to an app bug rather than the car software version. Since the app was updated there is no longer an issue with the car charging at 31 amps when 32 amps were being offered by the charge point.

This particular issue was related to an app bug rather than the car software version. Since the app was updated there is no longer an issue with the car charging at 31 amps when 32 amps were being offered by the charge point.

I've had it happen once in the new app, but that may well have been a left over from last time the car charged at that location when it may have stickied at the lower rate.