Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Charging issues

TMoore

Dec 23, 2020
West Melbourne, FL
hello, I have a 2016 90D and just started throwing the same codes: chg_ f018 and chg_f076. Were you able to fix the charging issue?
Nope. The mobile technician came out with a Model S, and it charged without issue, so the service center replaced the onboard charger. However, it still continues to have the issue. I got ahold of someone in charging support at Tesla who said he wanted to help me, but then ghosted me and won't reply to my emails.

The car charges just fine every night, so I've pretty much given up on solving this since it's more of an annoyance than an actual problem.

shmoovin

Aug 11, 2021
Florida
thanks for the reply. for BMS_w150 and BMS f150 issues they have already replaced my small high voltage harness, now having this issue. I charged last night and once in the vehicle this morning it gave me the dreaded "may not restart". Checking the notification log it gives me chg_f018/f076 with "unable to charge". this alert coincides with the scheduled charging start time. that all being said the vehicle did fully charge.

with these chevy bolt charging fires and recall, as well as in the news about 5 days ago where a model s burnt down someone's home about a week ago, model s fire while charging it makes me somewhat afraid to charge the vehicle in the garage with my kids bedroom right above.

i love the car and the performance but man it has been in the shop more that my previous BMW, and that is saying a lot.

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC