Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Charging Lessons

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If the charging cables came drilled with 1/4" holes, then perhaps something like this could be used:
im

It's a laptop cable alarm, which sounds if the cable is cut. It also has a motion detection option that sounds if the device is moved without disarming it first. I use it for my bicycle (to save weight over a conventional bike lock). It's not good for remote areas, but if there are always people milling about, it'll call attention to what's going on.

You can read about it by clicking: <b>here</b>

I'm not affiliated with Tagus.

I wrap the long end of my UMC (and formerly my MC240) once around a fixed object near my car and padlock the cable to itself (I found a padlock that just fits the cable diameter and the length of just over 2X the cable diameter). That should stop some lazy thieves.

I wrap the long end of my UMC (and formerly my MC240) once around a fixed object near my car and padlock the cable to itself (I found a padlock that just fits the cable diameter and the length of just over 2X the cable diameter). That should stop some lazy thieves.

I made this simple device to secure my UMC / MC120 cable while charging. It is a simple deterrent.

I tried to use it on the J1772->Tesla adapter but the cable on the adapter is too short to reach the wheel.

Attachments

• iphone 005.jpg
    iphone 005.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 141
  • iphone 003.jpg
    iphone 003.jpg
    933.7 KB · Views: 138
Reactions: AtAge19