Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Charging light

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Pardon my ignorance, but can OMVS actually keep the charging light on when the doors are locked?
I was just talking to a friend last night about how I wished the Roadster light stayed on like the Model S now does. o_O

Since the VDS is on all the time when the charge port is open and also a plus that your VDS is on the driver's side (being a 1.5), you could make a laminated card zip-tied to you charger instructing your charging friends where to look if its done or not. Stating the LCD screen will read "charging" or "done" when complete and free to remove. The display is clearly visible from the driver's side window.

See the slot in the pic, that's where the lock goes through. See which side to slide the lock loop to fit best, CAN must be turned and locked in such as when you charge to put the lock on/off.

I prefer the combo lock over keys, I hate keys.... just another thing to forget or loose. Also if I did it again I'd get the wire type lock rather than the metal one, easier to fish through the lock hole. But hitting the hardware store is the best way to go so you know it works and also that you like it.

SR%20in%20Car3.jpg

• Informative
Reactions: Mark77a
I use a standard 3 combination suitcase lock. Best to goto the hardware store, bring the CAN and see which one works.
This usually works but be careful testing inside the hardware store. When the CAN is twist-locked into the Roadster the outer black sleeve is pulled forward 1/8 inch (3mm) into the car which slightly changes the fitment of the lock.

That is a standard size 1/2 inch lock and it works pretty well. Most of the small luggage locks also work fairly well and are better if you want a combination lock instead of a key.

AdapterWRedStripeLocked.JPG