TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Charging Locations

Discussion in 'Model S' started by jgreenman, Dec 5, 2015.

1. jgreenman

jgreenman New Member

Is there a way to show the charging stations on the nav system without using the trip planner feature? I keep the nav system "up" even without a destination - but the charge stations aren't displayed.

2. Cyclone

Cyclone Active Member

Superchargers can be displayed right on the map (red lightning bolts) alongside any chargers you have visited (gray lightning bolts). For ones you haven't been to, click Chargers under Places. That said, you can view PlugShare in the car or just take a look at it on occasion using a smart phone.

3. thecloud

thecloud As rhythm raced inside, the ship came alive

The button which shows (or hides) charging stations in the nav app is located in the upper right corner, to the right of where you enter a destination, and has an icon that looks like a lightning bolt. Sounds like you might have toggled this button off without realizing it.

4. ptsagcy

ptsagcy Member

Is the routing through SC's with optimum charge times working? I remember seeing some posts a while back that it was producing bizarre routes and telling folks to turn around and charge at the SC they were just leaving.

5. Cyclone

Cyclone Active Member

It still does that sometimes. I try it out from home to compare against EVTripPlanner.com and then just program each leg separately.

6. caddieo

caddieo Member

I had that happen a couple of times during a recent FL to IL round trip. I soon noted that it did not happen if you clicked "continue trip" when programming for the next SC while charging at the current one.

7. Cyclone

Cyclone Active Member

I've had it do that even when clicking continue trip leaving Savannah and heading to St. Augustine. It was fine for 15 minutes then wanted me to turn around. I was on 6.2's 2.5.71 at that time if it makes a difference.