Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Charging map showing directions for trip planning?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

UncaNed

Supporting Member
Apr 8, 2015
East coast
I'm planning a trip that includes minor roads, but google maps doesn't show charging stations; where can I find a website like google maps that shows me the charging stations so I can plan my route without having to leave the office and use my Tesla navigation system?

I'm planning a trip that includes minor roads, but google maps doesn't show charging stations; where can I find a website like google maps that shows me the charging stations so I can plan my route without having to leave the office and use my Tesla navigation system?

For Tesla plugs, Go Anywhere | Tesla
For J-1772 plugs, slower, but much more common, www.plugshare.com

For Tesla plugs, Go Anywhere | Tesla
For J-1772 plugs, slower, but much more common, www.plugshare.com

PlugShare lets you filter based on connector type, including both SuperCharger and Tesla Destination Charger, not just J-1772. You could also include CHAdeMO stations, if you've got the adapter (and an S or an X). Thus, this can be a useful tool when planning a trip into areas that have sparse SuperCharger coverage; or if it's a long trip and you want to find hotels with Level 2 charging. (You can filter on amenities, including lodging.)