Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Charging my Raven Model X at a Version 3 supercharger

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I took my brand new Tesla Model X to the new Las Vegas Version 3 Supercharger at the Linq.Tesla has stated the new S and X cars will be able to charger at 200KW while the Model 3 can charge up to 250KW. so far I have not seen and evidence that this is true so I wanted to find out for myself. Not going to force you guys to watch if you don’t want to but I only got up to 140KW. Apparently the new software update that would allow me to get to 200KW isn’t out yet... Thoughts?

• Informative
Reactions: Pale_Rider
I took my brand new Tesla Model X to the new Las Vegas Version 3 Supercharger at the Linq.Tesla has stated the new S and X cars will be able to charger at 200KW while the Model 3 can charge up to 250KW. so far I have not seen and evidence that this is true so I wanted to find out for myself. Not going to force you guys to watch if you don’t want to but I only got up to 140KW. Apparently the new software update that would allow me to get to 200KW isn’t out yet... Thoughts?
I'm looking at a photo I took in my Raven Long Range at a V2 SuperCharger the other day showing 143 kW (529 mi/hr) @ 34% of charge. I'm sure I've seen it as high as the 540s mi/hr at one other time.

Reactions: Vegas Shuffle
It's certainly partly as you suspected: that the battery was not initially as warm as it needed to be. It may well be that the full capability may require new firmware but another though is that perhaps the BMS is limiting charge as this is a brand new vehicle and it wants/needs to get some data on its new battery pack before it allows full bore charging.

It's certainly partly as you suspected: that the battery was not initially as warm as it needed to be. It may well be that the full capability may require new firmware but another though is that perhaps the BMS is limiting charge as this is a brand new vehicle and it wants/needs to get some data on its new battery pack before it allows full bore charging.

Interesting I didn’t think about that. When I get back from my road trip I will try again.

Are all the stalls V3?
I couldn't see the 250KW sign on top of the stall
Range mode was on? Though may not have any affect on charging speed
Tesla-V3-Supercharger-01.jpg

Reactions: Vegas Shuffle
I have a 2017 75d.

Highest I've been on v2 is 122kw. Maybe 128 occasionally. These are at 150kw chargers.

I was under impression that with v3 I'll get 170kw..

The post before me is getting me scared....

There is a v3 about to open by me in NJ. Either way very excited bc no sharing power but 170kw, or as someone said 200kw, would be phenomenal!