Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Charging my Tesla MX

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello all.

is it safe to charge my car every time I park?
I was in downtown Toronto and charged my car in a parking while I was out for dinner, by the time I was done dinner the car was fully charged. ( to the recommended level of 85%)
I drove home to Oakville ( about 32 KM from Toronto), and I plugged my car. if I were to do that every day, will that damage the battery? is this safe to do?

I agree with all the above... However, just for convenience, if I'm only driving around town for a week I don't bother plugging in until the battery is down to about 40% or I'm planning a longer trip the next day.
For convenience? Do you have a tricky setup for charging? I admit that sometimes forget to plug the car in, but in general I feel like charging is very convenient because I pass by the charger on my way past the car.

Aren't new owners given any kind of orientation at delivery any more? I know it's too much to ask for new "mainstream" owners to RTFM, but charging should be one of the main things explained in person at delivery.

To the OP-- just plug in when you can and let the battery management system manage the battery. You can't hurt it unless you frequently leave it at 100%.

The question was not directed to me, but I'll answer anyway. The answer is probably "yes." I may have to rearrange the cars in the driveway to get my Model X to the wall connector. About half the time I arrive home with 220 miles left and I don't bother.
Ahh, that makes sense. Please excuse my ignorance. I forgot how difficult the parking situation can be when you have kids with cars too!

For convenience? Do you have a tricky setup for charging? I admit that sometimes forget to plug the car in, but in general I feel like charging is very convenient because I pass by the charger on my way past the car.
I have a convenient setup and dedicated parking. You can see the charger on the post by the tree behind the car. But it is still easier to not plug it in when it isn't necessary.
Joulia at home.jpg