Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Charging Networks and Apps In Japan... What do you use?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all!
I've had my LRAWD for about a month now and don't have a home charging set up. I have been using ev.gogo.gs to search for chargers and that has gone ok... But I was curious what everyone is using.

I am pretty fortunate, in addition to being within 30 minutes or so of the Osaka SC, I have found two free 44-50kW chargers nearby. The closest one requires the ENEGATE DenQ app to use, but I can do two 30 minute charges for free. The other is at one of the AEON malls (50kW, 30min. one time) with no network membership required. I also have gone to a 200V charger in Kyoto run by 24 Times parking company and that worked really well, but a bit slow (They require a free membership to their Park & Charge service. The charge is free but there is a parking cost).

Has anyone signed up for the NCS card thing? how was the experience? worth it?

Hi there, so far I've been charging my model 3 at home with the mobile connector. It's pretty slow but works currently for me quite well. I basically charge it every night the whole night wake up to full(ish) battery in the morning.

It looks like the app GoGoEV has the most comprehensive charging stations mapped but not sure. This will need some more investigation.

Regarding the charging stations I have taken a look at the NCS card which at least here in the north seems to be the best choice. They have a quick charger (>40kW) with chademo in a few places. Here the closest supercharger is 140 km away :).

Please have a look at the link below.

充電認証カードまとめ

They basically compare a bunch of the EV charge options there.

Reactions: TesQuestJapan
The main thing stopping me from going with the NCS card is that ¥3800 yen per month charge on top of the charging fees. (Unless I am reading that wrong.) I was hoping for a better option. I need to contact Tesla about the mobile charger kit. Lots of free options around, but many are plug only :)

If you can handle Japanese, you can try the app EVsmart. A Tesla Aoyama Employee turned me onto it. And it looks like the Japan Charge Network is the largest... I have heard rumors of a Eco Q Card for the Kansai Area. I have been looking into the Odekake Card, because it can be slightly cheaper, but I haven't found one I want yet.

Let me know if you find anything.

If you can handle Japanese, you can try the app EVsmart. A Tesla Aoyama Employee turned me onto it. And it looks like the Japan Charge Network is the largest... I have heard rumors of a Eco Q Card for the Kansai Area. I have been looking into the Odekake Card, because it can be slightly cheaper, but I haven't found one I want yet.

Let me know if you find anything.

I have been using the Eco Q den app. It gives me access to their system, which has access to some of the Japan Charge Network chargers. It has been great for the free chargers and ok for the JCN network (although it looks like they only have access to the slower chargers around here). Aeon Mall seems to have a lot of chargers at most (but not all) of their locations. Some are free, but others you need a blue Waon pre-paid card. 300 yen per 30 minute charge on the DC fast chargers. I'll take a look at the Odekake card. I took a look at the EVsmart app. I haven't gotten too far into it yet, but looks promising! :D Thanks!