Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

charging notification barrage

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Had my AWD since Saturday. Each night had a scheduled charge for 90%. Last night, I knew I wasn’t going to drive far today so I set it for around 60% I believe. This morning, I received the barrage, when up to this point I received only one start and one stop. Fired up the app and observed the charging started and then stopped. Clicked on/off with no change to remaining range. Recorded video showing one of the “cycles”. Version 28.3

My barrage was something similar. I had charged to 100% for a trip. It was at 90% charge and I changed it to 80% and that evening I got the barrage.

Logically I would think it would just not charge at all since the battery is past the percentage. Def a bug.

My barrage was something similar. I had charged to 100% for a trip. It was at 90% charge and I changed it to 80% and that evening I got the barrage.

Logically I would think it would just not charge at all since the battery is past the percentage. Def a bug.

Your example is a great troubleshooting step. I agree with your assumption. Why would it attempt to “charge” if above charging limit already?

I had this happen last night. I am on 28.1 and latest beta of IOS and Mac OS betas though I doubt if that had anything to do with it. I have attached a PDF file with the information from TeslaFi. Here are images as well.
Screen Shot 2018-08-18 at 7.54.41 AM.png_Redacted_Page_1.jpg
Screen Shot 2018-08-18 at 7.54.41 AM.png_Redacted_Page_2.jpg

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-08-18 at 7.54.41 AM.png_Redacted.pdf
    751.6 KB · Views: 44
I got my model 3 a few weeks ago and saw this everyday. I figured it was a bug. I had switched off this notification in the app. But later it fixed itself. Sorry I don’t know if a software update fixed it. Am on 2018.26.3 and don’t get this any more.