Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Charging notifications for additional drivers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is there any way to get notifications from the Tesla app to also go to "Additional Drivers"?

Allow me to explain a bit more.
We have two Teslas. Both of them are under the one main Tesla account which I use for my Tesla app and car access etc.
I have added my wife as an additional driver on both vehicles so she has access and has her own profile (even more relevant now that driver profiles are cloud synced).
The problem is that my wife doesn't receive any notifications and this is particularly relevant for charging.
Her work has free tesla charging and it is often in high demand. So when she is charging at work she really needs to know when charging has completed so she can move the car and allow someone else to charge up.
I get the notifications but she doesn't and it doesn't seem right that I should have to send her a message whenever I receive a notification that is relevant to the car she is currently driving.
Is this normal? Am I missing something? How can we set it up so she gets the notifications as well?

We figured out what it was. I had been asking my wife to check that she had notifications turned on for the Tesla App and she had been telling me yes. But she had been looking in the iOS settings app, under notifications and at the settings for the Tesla app there. And indeed the settings there were to allow the app to show her notifications. What she hadn’t realised was I meant in the Tesla App itself. My fault for not explaining it properly and not checking her phone myself until just before.
I had just figured she was doing it in the right place and it was something to do with the fact that she was an additional driver that was the cause.