Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Charging on the road (Ontario CA) info for a newbie

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I will be taking my first day trip in my new MS60 in January. I'm heading up to Ontario, CA, from San Diego for an event at the Ontario Arena. Since the arena is 100 miles from home, I will need to plug in while there (I plan to be there for at least 4 or 5 hours). Unfortunately the Ontario Arena does not appear to have any charging stations. Plug Share shows 4 stations within a mile, but it looks like the closest isn't working (a Blink station at Kohl's) and the 2 areas at the Ontario Mills Mall are frequently ICEd. That leaves the Ontario Airport Hilton, which has a single available ChargePoint station. I'm nervous that the single station will already be occupied.

Is it worth this anxiety to take the MS? I'll have to walk just under a mile even if I find an open station (not a huge deal, but I'll have people with me who may not find the short walk as benign as I do).

I did look for fast charging stations between Ontario and home along the 15 and I'm not finding any except what's close to home.

I appreciate any advice and/or reassurance!

I think I've answered my own question. It looks like SJC supercharger will hopefully be active by the time I take this trip, so if I can't find a charger available in Ontario, I can go down the 5 instead (only 7 additional mile drive) and charge enough there to make it home.