TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Charging options in condo complex

Discussion in 'Charging Standards and Infrastructure' started by Nurit, Jan 12, 2013.

1. Nurit

Nurit New Member

The HOA in my condo complex will not support installing a charging station, even though there are other condo owners with hybrids. The HOA wants me to pay for the charging station, pay for an additional 'reserved' parking spot (even though I already have 4 parking spaces with my unit). Any suggested options that I can present to HOA?:confused:

2. RandyS

RandyS Fan of Elon

3. tdiggity

tdiggity Member

Search my old posts for some of my thoughts. SB 209 was revised and you should look at SB 880 instead.

4. Westworks

Westworks New Member

Take a look at Evercharge.net
    They have a business model designed to service HOA based condo charging and it seems to work, offers insurance, charging in your own space and power multiplexing.

5. snyderkv

snyderkv Member

EverCharge looks cool at first, but they are selling a service and require a profit and is succeptible to going out of business. A simple 110v/220v standard plug outlet might be best. I'm contacting SDG&E now to see if it's possible to install an EV TOU meter. This way, the tenant is only paying the standard kwh rate, the installation is simplified, doesn't require a third party company to monitor and charge your wallet (hehe)

http://www.teslamotorsclub.com/showthread.php/13903-Multi-Unit-condo-charging-update