Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Charging options

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Currently have a model 3 and been charging with a Nema 14-30 outlet. But I recently moved and purchased a house. We have 200 Amp panel. I have a CB on order. And was thinking to install Nema 14-50. Do you guys think there are better options. I don’t really want to buy the Wall Connector. Maybe it’s the best option but seems like 500$ is a bit too much

We don’t really know what the max charge rate for the CT will be, so it’s difficult to answer that question. For now, the 14-50 receptacle will push more than your Model 3 can handle and provide up to 40 amps if the CT can handle it. That’s 9.6 kW so you could charge a 100 kWh battery from 20% to 80% in just over 6 hours which means you could easily charge the CT overnight — assuming it comes with a 100 kWh battery (which seems a little small).

I have both Gen 1 and Gen 2 UMC. But only 14-30 gen 1 adapter. Do you think I can order 14-50 gen 1 adapter.
Yes, you can still order Gen1 adapters here, and they do have a 14-50:

But you may be at the mercy of all kind of items in their store going in and out of stock every other day.