Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Charging pad & flash card

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Unless you pay extra and go for a SSD (designed for frequent read/write cycles). I partitioned a 240GB drive so I can have all my music on one partition and still have a huge capacity for Dashcam/Sentry Mode. Very compact and pretty good value (£38 for drive and casing) for the capacity, all things considered (so long as it works for a good while .. couple of months without a hitch so far).

I use these that someone else recommended:
https://smile.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B078WYS5K6/
https://smile.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0765D6NJV/

That sounds really reasonable especially if it works without any formatting etc

Thankyou. If that had disappeared, that would have been a reason to swap to SSD, but its no better than what I already have. I hope they improve that. I've missed a couple of events because of the gap - always seem to coincide with something important.

That sounds really reasonable especially if it works without any formatting etc

You still need to format and create partitions if you want your music as well as Dashcam/Sentry on the drive ... It only has to be done once and is a quick process so if you're not comfortable with doing that yourself just ask your neighbourhood or workplace nerd to do it!

Hi just looking for info regarding the charging pad & flash card for video footage etc.

Question is does the charge pad need to use both usb charging ports to work? If it does can the flash card for video footage be plugged into the rear USB ports?

Thanks

Using the dashcam -

Format a USB stick to FAT32. I ordered the below and have had no issues –

https://www.amazon.co.uk/SanDisk-Ultra-USB-Flash-Drive/dp/B00DQGBYDC

Download the below program to do this as Windows cannot format to Fat32 -

FAT32 Format - Download

Once formatted, create a folder called Teslacam. If you do not do this, nothing will record.

Insert the formatted USB stick into one of the front ports in car.
Recording will then start, which is indicated by red circle icon on top left of screen.

All clips are over-written after 60 mins. Should you have an incident then tap the red icon and it will download current clips to a saved clips area on the usb stick and they will not be written over.

Download the below program on pc to view front, left, right and rear cameras on one handy screen -

Tesla Sentry Cam Software, Sentry Keeper, Tesla Sentry, Sentry Monitor

Sentry mode clips will also utilize the same usb stick. When sentry mode is enabled, it will create its own folder on usb stick and the clips can be viewed on pc.
Use the Tesla app to enable sentry mode, handy for when you leave the car somewhere you’re not too sure on!
It will record multiple clips when anyone approaches or walks past the car. Very sensitive, only use when needed as it also uses battery a little bit.

I have been using an M.2 128Gb SSD for Cams and music, but have just ordered a Raspberry PI 0 W and following instructions to create a system where the car when parked in the driveway would automatically upload all footage to my PC and download new music to the car (USB)
Then TeslaRaj had a brilliant video on what looks like the next big thing for viewing our footage its called the TryRoadie and comes with IOS and Android Apps to view footage immediately and never have to remove the drive from our cars (not shipping yet to UK) but looks like he is using the same Raspberry Pi with a different build.

• Informative
Reactions: MacPaul
You play two consecutive segments and see if it misses anything. Also, length of segment is a bit of a clue. I think they should be 60 seconds, but most seem to come in at 5x seconds in length, but tbh, missing part of the drive from the footage is most reliable.