Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Charging Pad Question

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just picked up my 2021 M3 2 weeks ago and love it! I guess this is the first model year that contains a built in wireless charger for your cell phone. My question is, is it safe to set other objects on this pad other than my cell phone? For example, I use the apple leather magsafe wallet and need to slip it off to charge my phone. If I set my iphone on one side of the charger, can I lay my wallet with credit cards in it on the other side? Is it possible to cause damage to either 1) the wireless charger in my tesla, 2) the credit cards in my wallet, or 3) the magnet in the wallet itself? Thanks all! Just joined and happy to be here :)

Just picked up my 2021 M3 2 weeks ago and love it! I guess this is the first model year that contains a built in wireless charger for your cell phone. My question is, is it safe to set other objects on this pad other than my cell phone? For example, I use the apple leather magsafe wallet and need to slip it off to charge my phone. If I set my iphone on one side of the charger, can I lay my wallet with credit cards in it on the other side? Is it possible to cause damage to either 1) the wireless charger in my tesla, 2) the credit cards in my wallet, or 3) the magnet in the wallet itself? Thanks all! Just joined and happy to be here :)
Should be completely safe. What you don't want to do is place something in between the iPhone and wireless charging pad while it's charging. Apple even warns that placing credit cards in between, for example, can damage the card's magnetic strip/RFID chip. But again, while charging.

Should be completely safe. What you don't want to do is place something in between the iPhone and wireless charging pad while it's charging. Apple even warns that placing credit cards in between, for example, can damage the card's magnetic strip/RFID chip. But again, while charging.

Great, thank you!