Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Charging past set point?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just installed a new Gen 2 UMC at work and am noticing some strange behavior where the car doesn't stop charging

1 or 2 times each week, it does not stop charging at the set 90% charge point, when I get out to my car is will be 1-3% over the 90% limit. Because it often stops charging near the time when I am to leave, I am not sure if it would stop at 3% overcharged, or just keep going. My typical 90% charge is about 257-259
20201106_135616.jpg

So it seems like many people see this, and when charging overnight this seems pretty reasonable.

Not sure why its happening in the middle of the day though. I plug in the morning, usually like 40-50 degree outside temperature and the pack was just driven 40 miles. When I unplug its warmer than that, usually 60 + so not sure if the temperature differences are causing this?

So it seems like many people see this, and when charging overnight this seems pretty reasonable.

Not sure why its happening in the middle of the day though. I plug in the morning, usually like 40-50 degree outside temperature and the pack was just driven 40 miles. When I unplug its warmer than that, usually 60 + so not sure if the temperature differences are causing this?

I have a similar problem, see Battery capacity loss and weird fluctuation.
Check if your range increases past set limit in a couple hours after you unplug right after charging is done.