Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Charging port cap misplace issue

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
do you guys think my charging port cap is little bit off? And when I close it, there is a gap. My friend looked at my Tesla today and he told his one isn’t like that. He told me ask service to have a look. I booked the mobile service and don’t know if I need to pay anything. I just took delivery 2 weeks ago and it’s same when I first saw at delivery, but I thought it was normal until someone told me today.
76CA6192-4286-486B-AA7B-D7D4E83D91A8.jpeg
38F3FA39-A95B-4AA0-88EF-F7D58382F0D6.jpeg
2C42CDB6-DF81-44DF-8015-B56AE0F0312C.jpeg
136787AF-C35B-4B17-9506-9DB4D3EA08A9.jpeg

do you guys think my charging port cap is little bit off? And when I close it, there is a gap. My friend looked at my Tesla today and he told his one isn’t like that. He told me ask service to have a look. I booked the mobile service and don’t know if I need to pay anything. I just took delivery 2 weeks ago and it’s same when I first saw at delivery, but I thought it was normal until someone told me today.

Mine does not look like that at all, it's totally flush. I'd ask Tesla to adjust and/or replace that.

Tim

IMG_2081.jpeg

Reactions: CarlThompson
OP's is worth fixing but mine is negligible.
the main concern would be a gust of wind catching that front side and damaging it further.
I would say why not book a service and let them to take a look while this is under warranty. Let them to look at it and clear your concern. Remember, we paid for a over 60K+ car and should not be suffer these kind of quality issue. We are not buying a 20K+ toyota.

Changing something 99% acceptable does not always result in 100% acceptable results. It all depends on risk vs reward and value of your time vs. severity of the problem. Good to know adjustment appears to be fairly simple and non destructive. Thank you for identifying this issue.

Joe M in WV

Reactions: Ren.OG