Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

"Charging Problem" error message, unable to charge

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Oh cool, thanks! We never found what you found, nicely done! I rescind my previous statement that the connectors are expensive to find!

By the way m0rph, how is the car?

I thought of another possibility! (depending on what's going on now)

I doubt that I did anything wrong to the connectors. No tension was on the cables and no rough setting down of the PEM. And I re-checked those connectors at least twice.. But never say never..
Today is day 8 in the Service Center, and they are still trying to figure out what's the cause of it...

hey M0rph, I saw in another threat that sold your roadster.
What happened ?
Did the SeC ever found the root cause of your issue ?
I would love to hear the full story, might be usefull for other roadster owners here in the future

hey M0rph, I saw in another threat that sold your roadster.
What happened ?
Did the SeC ever found the root cause of your issue ?
I would love to hear the full story, might be usefull for other roadster owners here in the future

PEM swap at my cost... It's actually still at the SeC waiting for this to happen. They don't seem to be in a hurry though.
When finally repaired, it will be shipped to Finland..

I try, sorry, whoever moderates here is a bit overzealous about keeping me quite... I've been blocked from messaging...

I doubt this'll make it up but email me at S C 8 at gruber dot com (hoping the spammers like my boss don't grab that format and use it! Haha)

I ended up in San Francisco a couple weekends ago based on this logic! Depending on access to parts...

m0rph; Another possibility is that when you had the PEM out you damaged one of those connectors on the bottom, there are 4 and each of them is quite finicky, very easily broken, if you don't set the PEM down just the right way you may have damaged one; they are also tough to find parts as molex only sells them in manufacturer lots of about 1,000 units at a time... We have a few, not many...
ElectricLove - will you do a PEM fix in Connecticut? My Roadster #1291 will not charge and its either the fuses as noted above, or something bigger. Drives but cannot charge. Luckily it died after I drove it only a short distance fomr full SOC. Now at Tesla shop waiting for their diagnosis.