Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Charging problem

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
When i get an extension cord error, the car is actually still charging. I'd have to look back and see if it is the exact same error code. Try dismissing the message, the car might actually still be charging.

Zooming in, looks like it says 1A/12A. I dont know if that is what the car is trying to do automatically or if he set the limit at the pre-charge screen. I think when you set a limit it displays that limit number in red.

I have not tried lowering the amperage. when it was charging the screen had 12A/12A, so I assumed I didn't need to lower anything. I recently moved to a condo so I have no choice but to use the 120v MS Mobile Connector. when I had my single family home, I did lower the amperage to 24A when charging with the HPWC and never got any error messages.

I get that at work, I had to go down to 10A. I’m going to assume old wiring or it’s on a GFI circuit. I had to park elsewhere after I must have tripped a breaker after leaving it. If you have access to your panel then it’s not a problem. Mine continued to charge till the socket went totally dead. 10A was fine and picked up 50-60km overnight on a 14 hr shift.

Yeah, I was just curious if it might be a bad circuit with heavily fluctuating voltage and that if you tried plugging into another outlet in the garage that’s on a different circuit you might not get that debug msg.