Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Charging Problems

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've been having problems recently getting my car to charge. Sometimes it charges fine, particularly if it's been plugged in immediately after a trip but if it's plugged in cold, it either gets into a loop with my charge point continually rebooting or it charges for a few minutes then stops.
I've had the car since July 2019 and had no issues until recently. It's a Model S 100D. The charger is a zappi.
Just wondered it anyone else had experienced similar or had any ideas whether it's likely to be the car or charger that's the issue.

As an aside, my car can also no longer pick up wifi from my drive when reversed in despite this being fine for 2 years (I now have to drive in straight to get a connection. Again not sure if this is car or the router but nothing has changed as far as I'm aware other than software updates. Has anyone else experienced this?

I've been having problems recently getting my car to charge. Sometimes it charges fine, particularly if it's been plugged in immediately after a trip but if it's plugged in cold, it either gets into a loop with my charge point continually rebooting or it charges for a few minutes then stops.
I've had the car since July 2019 and had no issues until recently. It's a Model S 100D. The charger is a zappi.
Just wondered it anyone else had experienced similar or had any ideas whether it's likely to be the car or charger that's the issue.

As an aside, my car can also no longer pick up wifi from my drive when reversed in despite this being fine for 2 years (I now have to drive in straight to get a connection. Again not sure if this is car or the router but nothing has changed as far as I'm aware other than software updates. Has anyone else experienced this?

Are the Zappi and Myenergi Hub running the latest software? Have you looked on the Zappi screen to see reported faults?

Yes, I updated the Zappie and Myenergi to the latest versions. No faults on the zappi screen or in the logs, it's stating charging complete.

I think I would be looking to try the car on another AC charge point. I would suggest using the UMC first but obviously that won't replicate a full 7kW draw (unless you have a 32amp commando adpter and socket).

Wifi networks are notorious at the best of times .. and Teslas have a reputation for needing a fabulous signal before they will behave! There can be any number of bizarre interactions. (For example I had an LED spotlight that was disrupting the wifi access point a while back.)

Reactions: PStewart