Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Charging props at stores?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
All Tesla stores seem to be modeled the same way.

Model S. Maybe a used Roadster. Stripped down Model S.

Color panels; swag.

Makes me wonder if they are missing out on marketing opportunity. Would it be a good idea to have charging stuff in the stores?

For example, have an actual (old circuitry style?) HPWC on the wall? And, best of all, a model of a supercharger? The SC would take up, what 1 foot by 3 feet? Or, at minimum a life sized picture on the walls of a Supercharger station?

Yeah great idea.
It would be cool to have a standing SC on the floor, and while they're at - make it functional (even if at 110v rate). But at least this way you could demonstrate how simple they are to charge (in the wild). Might help take away any anxiety some might have for this piece of the Tesla EV puzzle.

Becomes a great talking point about the speed of these things too.

Yeah great idea.
It would be cool to have a standing SC on the floor, and while they're at - make it functional (even if at 110v rate). But at least this way you could demonstrate how simple they are to charge (in the wild). Might help take away any anxiety some might have for this piece of the Tesla EV puzzle.

Becomes a great talking point about the speed of these things too.

Great idea having a mockup Supercharger in the store

Wow, talk about the power of "positive thinking" ... thought transference ... (which I don't believe in but whatever ...)

Talked to Oak Brook and gave them my idea ... they'd already thought about it and props are on their way and could be up within 4-6 weeks.