TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Charging props at stores?

Discussion in 'Tesla Motors' started by sp4rk, Sep 15, 2013.

1. sp4rk

sp4rk Banned

All Tesla stores seem to be modeled the same way.

Model S. Maybe a used Roadster. Stripped down Model S.

Color panels; swag.

Makes me wonder if they are missing out on marketing opportunity. Would it be a good idea to have charging stuff in the stores?

For example, have an actual (old circuitry style?) HPWC on the wall? And, best of all, a model of a supercharger? The SC would take up, what 1 foot by 3 feet? Or, at minimum a life sized picture on the walls of a Supercharger station?

2. SCW-Greg

SCW-Greg Active Member

Yeah great idea.
    It would be cool to have a standing SC on the floor, and while they're at - make it functional (even if at 110v rate). But at least this way you could demonstrate how simple they are to charge (in the wild). Might help take away any anxiety some might have for this piece of the Tesla EV puzzle.

Becomes a great talking point about the speed of these things too.

3. Ven Rala

Ven Rala Member

Great idea having a mockup Supercharger in the store

4. Amped_up

Amped_up Member

I agree. Another thing that I was thinking would be nice, on the US/Europe map, have an actual picture of the Supercharger location that you select. That way you know what to expect when you are driving there (if that was online too, that would be great...)

5. sp4rk

sp4rk Banned

Wow, talk about the power of "positive thinking" ... thought transference ... (which I don't believe in but whatever ...)

Talked to Oak Brook and gave them my idea ... they'd already thought about it and props are on their way and could be up within 4-6 weeks.

6. FredTMC

FredTMC Model S VIN #4925

Nice!!