TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Charging rate on Clipper Creek LCS-25

Discussion in 'Model S: Battery & Charging' started by TomServo, Jun 17, 2018.

1. TomServo

TomServo Member

#1 TomServo, Jun 17, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2018
    I have an Clipper Creek LSC-25 installed on a 30 amp circuit (with 25 amp breaker) in my garage for my Volt. Have had it almost 5 years. It's bullet proof. I know it's max output is 20amps, but obviously my Volt won't pull that. I know I get about 11MPH.

A military buddy and his wife will be spending a day with us on their cross country trip in their S85 and I was wondering what sort of charge rate they will get when they plug in. I'd like to send them on their way with a full charge the next morning.

Thanks in advance.

2. ucmndd

ucmndd Active Member

240 volts x 20 amps = 4.8kw, which is about 14 miles of range per hour on a Model S. Depending on how much charge they arrive with, an overnight charge should get them close to full. 10 hours would add 48 kWh.

3. TomServo

TomServo Member

Awesome, thanks for the quick response.

4. trm2

trm2 Member

I will confirm those numbers. I have the same clipper creek, same ‘17 Volt, but a 75D instead of an 85.

5. ewoodrick

ewoodrick Active Member

Sorry, if you have a 25 amp breaker, you don't have a 30 amp circuit, you have a 25 amp circuit.

• Informative x 1
  6. tga

tga Supporting Member

I charge at 20A with an OpenEVSE on a 25A circuit at my lake house. My P85+ adds 5% per hour, or around 13mi.

This matches the rate for a 25A circuit shown in the table here (scroll down): Home Charging Installation