Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Charging reminder?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is there a way to have the car send a notification if it's not plugged in by a certain time? My Chevy Bolt will remind me at 7pm. Case in point... dear daughter ran an errand last night and begged mom to take the Tesla. She didn't plug it in upon her return and now mom gets to supercharge on her way home today.

Reactions: Terminator857
Is there a way to have the car send a notification if it's not plugged in by a certain time? My Chevy Bolt will remind me at 7pm. Case in point... dear daughter ran an errand last night and begged mom to take the Tesla. She didn't plug it in upon her return and now mom gets to supercharge on her way home today.

Not directly ..indirectly the Tesla app tells you when starting to charge ..if u don’t get u can infer “not plugged in” ;)

Check out the DASHBOARD FOR TESLA app by SG57 productions. It has that option and lots more.

Attachments

• 20181024_083628.jpg
    20181024_083628.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 194
  • Screenshot_20181024-084259_Dashboard for Tesla.jpg
    Screenshot_20181024-084259_Dashboard for Tesla.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 166
You have a 310 mile range car. Set it at 90% routinely (100% for trips) and if you happen to forget to plug it in one night it shouldn’t matter. But after driving it for a few days you’ll get in the habit of plugging in every time you get home, and won’t even have to think about it.

Reactions: bmah
As others have pointed out, Tesla doesn't have that as a feature of the car, but there are some third-party solutions. I use TeslaFi for this, but I usually just make it a habit to plug my car in when I come home at the end of the day. My normal commute uses much less energy than my usual charge state (90%) so even if I do happen to miss a day or two it doesn't matter much.

Bruce.

Thanks guys.... my wife can't make two round trips to work, but she can make 1-1/2. There's a super charger near work, so that's the contingency plan. I think I'll also change the delay start time from 10pm when we go to bed to 8pm so we can be sure to see the notification on the tesla app.