TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Charging Request Dubbo to Toowoomba

Discussion in 'Australia & New Zealand' started by eclectricdave, Apr 2, 2016.

1. eclectricdave

eclectricdave Member

I am going to a Borders Reunion in June this year at Dubbo (from Melboutrne). Ill be OK to Dubbo using SC until turn-off at Gundagai and can stay and charge at my sister's place near Young. Ill charge at my accom near Dubbo and after will go on to Qld to visit family & friends. There is charging at Toowoomba but here is a drought for power for the 700ks. Ill have all sorts of charging eqpt Chardemo Menekes 3 pin 4 pin & 5 pin plugs for the portable charger and my 3kW "if all fails" Honda Cyclo gen set (transported dry-fuel in Jerry can) Does anyone have contacts in this area? Id rather not go to PM SC which is possibly doable at 600ks

2. baillies

baillies Member

You could try Pettersons in Armidale who have a destination charger, just search in the supercharger page on the tesla website and show the destination chargers. Of course there should also be more destination and hopefully superchargers by then.

Find Us | Tesla Motors Australia

3. RBR

RBR Member

Would the new charger at the UQ Gatton complex assist? It is on PlugShare. Many thanks again Andrew...

4. eclectricdave

eclectricdave Member

Thanks bailles & RBR, I was going to try the Chademo at Gratton after a few hours at T'wmba but didnt know about Armidale.

5. baillies

baillies Member

Sorry just noticed it is only 16A, i guess you could contact them if they are planning to upgrade or they may know of someone with 3phase available.

6. eclectricdave

eclectricdave Member

[
    Petersons fails the IC test ie if a trip in my IC Peugeot Diesel (5 l/100ks $50 to go 1000k) is overall cheaper to go from A to B I use it. This test means Id have to bring along my own Red Bulls equiv sourced from Aldi rather then buy expensive coffee. Coles Xpress has 50c coffee in store though at Euroa. Id have to find a cheap pub to stay at and hope they'd let me charge o'night at 10A..

7. RichardMcN

RichardMcN Member

#7 RichardMcN, Apr 3, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2016
    Armidale has quite a big showground. My niece went to Pony Camp there. A few on this forum have found 32A 3 phase at other big showgrounds like Coffs and Dubbo. Maybe Armidale is similar?

8. RichardMcN

RichardMcN Member

Or this trip by Marc Talloen describes 3 phase charging locations at Dubbo, Tamworth, Armidale, Glen Innes and Warwick.

9. garyjac

garyjac Member

Along this route? Dalby maybe? You would have to check out the caravan parks (powered site). Local Council is both uncooperative (w.r.t. Showgrounds) and backward gazing with respect to EV or anything innovative.