Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Charging reverts back to lower setting

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a wall connector at home with a single phase 240V 32 amp connection.
It used to charge at maximum power but since a couple of weeks, the car reverts to 16 amp charging when I connect it and I have to manually increase it to 32 amps. I have done resets of the car and wall connector. Any suggestions?

When not plugged in the charge current is always at 16A and I can only lower it. The + is grayed out.
When I plug in with scheduled charging on, it reads 0/16A and when it starts charging it changes to 16/32A. I can then change the current to 32A, it will go up to 32/32A and will stay at that level. After it finishes charging it will go back to 0/16A.

The 16A charge current limit when not plugged in and 0/16A when waiting to start charging has always been like that, so I assume that's normal.

I think I might have solved the problem in the meantime. I disabled scheduled charging and then plugged in. It went to 32A like it should and I let it charge for a minute or so. I then unplugged, activated scheduled charging again and plugged back in. Now when I start charging manually - by pressing start charging in the top right corner of the display - it goes up to 32A like before.

Fingers crossed it will do it next time on a scheduled charge as well.