Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Charging screen question

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all, anybody able to tell me what the ‘3’ highlighted in red relates to on my charging screen? I see the same appears on the screen in the car.

TIA

Attachments

• 7EAFD26A-CD1D-4765-9A5D-F434CE95648B.jpeg
    7EAFD26A-CD1D-4765-9A5D-F434CE95648B.jpeg
    149.4 KB · Views: 105
3 phases of the charger. 22 kwh chargers are 3 phases. 7kwh are 2 phases
To be more correct, the car will charge at 22kW on a three phase AC supply and 7kW on a single phase AC supply. A kW is a measure of a rate of charge (how fast the electricity is coming out of the supply) whilst a kWh is a measure of the amount of supply (how much electricity has been been supplied).

Sorry if I'm asking a basic question. Charging at work for the 1st time today. I was told the chargers are 22kw.

From the app I see 6kw + 14Kwh. No Idea what +14Kwh means. Presume this is infact a 6kw charger? This is completely different to my Home 7kw charger info. The car is slowly charging fine and dandy it’s just this 6kw + 14Kwh information is bugging me. If anyone could take the time to explain it would be very much appreciated, thanks.

Screenshot 2022-10-05 140813.png

Great thanks for sharing your knowledge guy’s, I fully understand now.

I do feel quite honoured to have a response from Mr M. I’ve being following your shipping updates in the months before I took delivery of my Y in Sept. Brilliant, Thank you.