Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Charging ""Settings for this location"

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi,
I recently cahrged my Tesla X at home with a charger installed for my BMW i3.
I have now installed a Tesla Wall Connector (32A / 400V), but the car detects only 16A / 230V.
I can in the car see in the display "Charging setting for this location.".

My question is; Someone who knows how to reset / delete the location settings for charging?

@TexasEV That is the problem, it is not possible to increas hie it, only to decrease it. 16A is max.
The location memory won't prevent you from raising the limit, but the charger's max and the EVSE's advertised max current will.

You can effectively clear the location memory by bringing up the charge screen (at the location in question) and dialing up the charge rate to the max before plugging in.

Is this a 3 phase HPWC (you mentioned 32A/400V)? You may not be able to draw more than 16A/phase - 16A*230V*3ph=11kW, which is the limit of the "basic" charger (for single phase, 240V*48A=11.5kW)

On the screen while charging, you should see two numbers separated by a slash, followed by an "A". It's below the outline of the car and above the "set charge limit" button. The number to the left is the car's present current draw and the one on the right is the limit offered by the EVSE. You should be able to dial the charge rate up manually to meet the amount offered, until you got the limit of what the charger can draw.

The number after the slash should be a 32 if the HPWC was installed correctly on a 32A circuit. If it's only 16, then your electrician didn't set up the HPWC properly during installation (or didn't RTFM).

You'll also see the current power draw in kW to the left of those numbers. You won't be able to go beyond 10 or 11 kW, unless you have the upgraded/dual charger option.

Last edited:
Is this a 3 phase HPWC (you mentioned 32A/400V)? You may not be able to draw more than 16A/phase - 16A*230V*3ph=11kW, which is the limit of the "basic" charger (for single phase, 240V*48A=11.5kW)
I'm almost certain that's it. I had mentally glossed over it when first reading, but Norway on 3 phase, yes, the basic charger is limited to that 16A level.