Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Charging Snake

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What ever happened to the charging snake that could charge a Tesla without a human plugging the car in. What good is FSD if the cars can't charge themselves?

Having a level 3 or level 4 car is worth a heck of a lot on a road trip regardless of charging - no more focussing on the road for hours on end.

I do think that Tesla will start rolling out an automated charging solution shortly after they make FSD available, but I really expected to see at least some test stations before now, so who knows?

Having a level 3 or level 4 car is worth a heck of a lot on a road trip regardless of charging - no more focussing on the road for hours on end.

I do think that Tesla will start rolling out an automated charging solution shortly after they make FSD available, but I really expected to see at least some test stations before now, so who knows?
I imagine that the 'snake' can be installed inside a cabinet about the size of a charging stall,
so it would be protected from vandalism when not in use?

I imagine that the 'snake' can be installed inside a cabinet about the size of a charging stall,
so it would be protected from vandalism when not in use?

The lone prototype video we've seen appears to store in a vertical position with the connector at the top. They could easily build a solid box around it with one side (facing the car) that opens when the snake activates if it seems necessary.