Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Charging - South Coast (NSW)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey fellow drivers!

Heading to Mollymook via Batemans Bay, from Canberra this weekend. Whilst I won't need a charge there, I will need one on the return trip. What are the charging options like around Batemans Bay, anyone done a trip down recently?

Cheers

PlugShare shows three in Batemans Bay:

• Informative
Reactions: KungFuJesus
The NRMA 50kW charger at the old visitor information centre (near Maccas) and the 50kW charger at Dan Murphys are both good options, and both free to use - go to whichever one is available (they both see quite a bit of use in busy times). You'll need the Chargefox app set up for the Dan Murphy's one, so I'd get that installed and set up beforehand if I were you.

It also looks like you have a late 2021 LR.
ABRP suggests you can get to Mollymook and back without a charge, starting with a 100% SoC. And still have 16% of the battery left over.
Then you just need to cover your usage at Mollymook and side trips.

The NRMA 50kW charger at the old visitor information centre (near Maccas) and the 50kW charger at Dan Murphys are both good options, and both free to use - go to whichever one is available (they both see quite a bit of use in busy times). You'll need the Chargefox app set up for the Dan Murphy's one, so I'd get that installed and set up beforehand if I were you.
I was wondering how busy they get, especially heading down there Friday arvo. ChargeFox is already setup, but not used one yet.

It also looks like you have a late 2021 LR.
ABRP suggests you can get to Mollymook and back without a charge, starting with a 100% SoC. And still have 16% of the battery left over.
Then you just need to cover your usage at Mollymook and side trips.
Agreed. I think the side trips will just tip me over the edge to get back home 🥴. Plus knowing me, it will be widows down, AC up and a little extra love on the go pedal. Battery drain might be a higher then ABRP suggestions. 🤣