Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Charging spaces are occupied leggally by non-electric vehicles in Hong Kong

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That's why inadequate charging spaces in Hong Kong. Non-electric cars occupied most of charging spaces!!:mad:
Inked20190413_130147_LI.jpg
Inked20190413_130141a_LI.jpg
Inked20190413_130122_LI.jpg

• Helpful
Reactions: markwj
And here we thought most of the a$$holes lived in the USA. Unfortunately the owners of the spaces may not care about limiting access or enforcing limited access. I think most people is the US like the Superchargers near shopping or restaurants but the trade off is what you are experiencing.

Really? It also occur in US! Badly, the owner of this public car park is Hong Kong Government. The Transport Department of HK Government said that the charging spaces cannot be reserved for EV users under Fair Usage Policy. But, public money is wasting!! HK Government spent a lot of money on installing EV chargers in some public car parks. On the contrary, EV users cannot use them properly. HK promotes EV. She is all hat and no cattle.

Reactions: KerryOH
Yeah, the 'EV priority' policy. It is ridiculous, and I agree a waste of public finance.

The 'fair usage' argument is also bullshit, given that disabled spaces exist (precedent for allocation of spaces to particular groups), and government land is allocated for ICE fuelling stations.

if time were not an constraint i'd park next to a pillar and block two cars in just to spite.
typical hong kong behind on typical issues.

there's the option to put up those ICE blocking metal rails but that's a pipe dream when the government is just shrugging their shoulders and saying "look we provided electric charging spaces".

reminds me of the "compliance car" behavior of traditional automakers.