Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Charging speed reduction

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don't have a Tesla yet, but I am in the market. Waiting to hear what happens at battery day. I understand the SR+ charges fastest at 10% to 60% then starts tapering off drastically as it nears 100%. IF, I wanted to charge from 10% to 60% would it charge at maximum the entire way or throttle down as it gets towards 60%? Hope that's clear.

I don't have a Tesla yet, but I am in the market. Waiting to hear what happens at battery day. I understand the SR+ charges fastest at 10% to 60% then starts tapering off drastically as it nears 100%. IF, I wanted to charge from 10% to 60% would it charge at maximum the entire way or throttle down as it gets towards 60%? Hope that's clear.
Here's the latest curve that's measured (Tesla sent an update earlier this year that improved it a lot). Two charts there, the first shows how fast in kW on the side and % SOC on the bottom.

Standard Range Plus Supercharging Speed

Note that they have a peak of 170kW because they are in Canada and there's lots of V3 Superchargers there. In the US the SC are limited to between 120kW for older ones to 150kW for ones built in the last 2-3 years (I forget the cutover date). At a V2 SC that'll be flattened at that point.