Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Charging starting hours later than scheduled....

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

sorka

Feb 28, 2015
Merced, CA
This keeps happening. Very annoying because it's quite expensive to charge during peak hours.

I have my charge time set to 3:00 AM:

20160608_091524.jpg

But the charging starts hours later:

Screenshot_2016-06-08-09-13-41.png

When it's 4x more expensive and of course means I sometimes have to take another car because it never charged before I was ready to leave.

Any ideas???????

I'm confused, did you park the car with 67% and need to charge to 70% and are complaining that the 3% it charged (2kwh) is costing you a lot of money?

Are you sure this isn't the car just topping off (i.e. after vampire drain)?

Reactions: MP3Mike
The car did not charge at 3:00 AM because it won't charge until at least a 3% difference exists to the set charge limit. Probably it reached 67% at 8:11 AM because of phantom drain.

+1

There was another thread on this. I believe they decided there is a 6 hour window after the start time during which it will charge if it needs to. Set the start for 6 hours ahead of the rate change if that's practical.

If the Model S is re-plugged in within 6 hours (after) of a scheduled charge it will begin to recharge. If you wait beyond 6 hours it will not begin to recharge until the next day at the scheduled time.

I personally have never seen my Model S start its recharge later than scheduled UNLESS it was already fully charged or charged beyond the set threshold.

The car did not charge at 3:00 AM because it won't charge until at least a 3% difference exists to the set charge limit. Probably it reached 67% at 8:11 AM because of phantom drain.

It's NEVER done that before and it has done this recently when it was at 35% or something close to that. I stopped the charge manually and decided to take the Prius instead.