Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Charging starts at 16A

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got my EO charger installed Friday and very nice it is to. One problem however is that the charging always starts at 16A. I can go to the dashboard and change it to 32A no problem but that's not where it starts. Is there a way to save the higher amps setting?

Thanks!

I'm having endless issues with my home charger install, but I have noticed that the one I have now (EVBox Elvi) starts at 6A before ramping up. I think it's quite normal, so long as it goes to 32A and stays there (which the Elvi isn't - it keeps throttling back after a few hours).

My EO also sometimes stops at 16A. Also, sometimes the car shows a 16A limit. No very clear reason. Yesterday I started the charger 1.5 hours before going out, found it was charging at 16A, and would take 3 hours to hit my 80% limit. Stopped charger on App, waited 5 seconds, restarted it, and it ramped up to 32A, where it stayed. Makes no sense to me. Anyone have advice how to make it charge at 32A reliably?

• Disagree
Reactions: evGuesty
If its of any help, when I had my charger installed and first loaded the controlling app (for the charger) it would only charge at 17amps for some reason. Eventually I removed the app from my phone and reinstalled it and it immediately and continuously charged at 32amp from that moment on. :cool: