TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Charging station in airport garage

Discussion in 'Model 3: Battery & Charging' started by romremus, Sep 22, 2019.

1. romremus

romremus New Member

Got my M3 in June in San Diego. Looked at the list of charging stations and went to the closest one. It was in an airport garage and had a cut off time info on the wall. I was past the cut off so I turned around to go to the next one. I had to pay the garage $17 to get out. It would help if the navigator gives this info. The next one was also in a garage. We skipped it and went to one farther out by Qualcomm.

2. davewill

davewill Active Member

Plugshare is the best way to get this kind of info.

• Like x 3
    • Helpful x 1
  3. user212_nr

user212_nr Active Member

Besides superchargers, you really should assume that you don't have a right to use a charger and become familiar with each one. Destination chargers give free energy, so more likely than not they're not 100% goodwill.

For long trips, you will want superchargers, so destination chargers will be local and that means you can easily become familiar with each one.