Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Charging Stations missing on v11

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Made my first road trip on v11 and was not able to populate the charging stations on the map.
I liked the single button that would do that and show you how many open slots each had.

I did find that when you select "Navigation" it has a tab for Chargers but it does not populate with a list nor on the map with locations nor slot opened for superchargers.

Reactions: goldengate
Try double tapping the new icon, that is where the old Supercharger button was.
I haven’t been able to try it yet, because my Model S still is on 10.2. A friend of mine with a new Model Y said that he was able to do it.

This is my biggest concern about V11... following this thread... I like to be able to plan a trip out based on supercharger loads (stop at supercharger B because C has been full all day...) and I don't know if it's possible with this new software version.

Double tap did nothing. It's has 3 different option of lightning bolts. A single, double or triple. Not sure what that means but I can get the map to populate when I select the single bolt but its not the super chargers, its stuff like hotels with no live data on stations open. Selecting the other ones does not add anything to the map.

This is my biggest concern about V11... following this thread... I like to be able to plan a trip out based on supercharger loads (stop at supercharger B because C has been full all day...) and I don't know if it's possible with this new software version.
Using the paid version of abetterrouteplanner.com, allows you to see SuperCharger use while you’re planning the trip. I highly recommend it!

OK I just went down to the car and clicked the "charging" tab under navigation (next to home / work).. it restores the old functionality and I was able to see SC load all over California. It's Dec 26th and there are already waits at some chargers. Glad this functionality is still there but bummed it's buried for no reason in a submenu.

Rebooted car now for 3rd time. Seems the reboot is different also. I used to hold the buttons till the Tesla Logo popped up but now the screen just goes blanks after I let go of the buttons. Took forever to boot back up also, I thought I bricked it but it started slowly coming back and now the Tesla Superchargers are populating the map again.

Double tap did nothing. It's has 3 different option of lightning bolts. A single, double or triple. Not sure what that means but I can get the map to populate when I select the single bolt but its not the super chargers, its stuff like hotels with no live data on stations open. Selecting the other ones does not add anything to the map.

The lightening bolts are for filtering the results. One Bolt for Destination charging sites. Two bolts for Urban Supercharger sites - and also EVgo sites that have the Tesla CHAdeMO setup. Three bolts for V2 and V3 Supercharger sites.

charging stations will show up, you just have to click the waypoint icon on the top right of the map and they will come back. Took me a bit to figure it out too. Not sure why they changed the default setting to not show when they deployed this update.

Once you click it, they will continue to show up as normal.

• Informative
Reactions: goldengate
Made my first road trip on v11 and was not able to populate the charging stations on the map.
I liked the single button that would do that and show you how many open slots each had.

I did find that when you select "Navigation" it has a tab for Chargers but it does not populate with a list nor on the map with locations nor slot opened for superchargers.

Click on the upper right the map simbol. There are three simbols, top is the earth , the stop lights, and the map.

Click on the upper right the map simbol. There are three simbols, top is the earth , the stop lights, and the map.
Guess you missed this thread but thanks.
Rebooted car now for 3rd time. Seems the reboot is different also. I used to hold the buttons till the Tesla Logo popped up but now the screen just goes blanks after I let go of the buttons. Took forever to boot back up also, I thought I bricked it but it started slowly coming back and now the Tesla Superchargers are populating the map again.

I'm getting tired of rebooting the car every time something doesn't work you would think it was running on MS windows! (and I'm a Tesla fan and a MS Windows user)

When I’m on a long trip it would be convenient to have charging stations listed along the route. It was that way before, but they upgraded, and removed that feature. Sometimes I like a certain places better than others. Better food or I feel safer.