Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Charging stats for prior year

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is there a way to get charging stats for the previous year? In the Tesla App (iOS), I thought I saw a message saying you could swipe in some way or another to get other years, but that doesn't work for me. If I am in the Year (rather than Month) view, and try to pull down when at the top, I get a "spinner" as if some calculation is being done, but it never stops.

Anyway, is there some way to get this info? It doesn't have to be via the app. In general, I'm wondering if prior / historical data is stored somewhere and can be accessed.

Thanks. Will have a look. I've been nervous about joining into things that have access to the control side of the API.

I learned a couple things fiddling with the app this morning.

1. I expected it to reset to zero, but it seems like it is going to be a shifting 1-year window.
2. In the graph with the charge stats, I didn't realize that you can tap on the kWh to make the graph be in units of energy or you can click on the Total Spent and have the graph be in dollars.
3. Below the graph, there is a table of totals for home, work, etc. I didn't realize you can tap on them to change between percentages and actual values (shares).

It started working! You just swipe in the graph. When I go back to 2021, it says charging data is only available starting Jan 2022, so it may be that my prior attempts failed because there was no prior data at all (relative to 2022), but now that there is both 2022 and 2023 (even though empty), the gesture is now working. Maybe?

Anyway, it now works.

Dang. I was really hoping to get my hands on lifetime charging for the vehicle. I have all of the supercharger data, but not data for my charger at home. I've tried using the Wall Connector API, but the data that comes back is clearly wrong.

By the way, if I use my mobile charger and plug into the wall at some random place, does that show up in the "other" category?