Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Charging stopped during heavy rain/hail

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’m only an owner for 2 days, but I had a charging cycle Stop unexpectently today. I was charging from a level 2 - J1772 plug using the adapter and it was pouring rain with pea sized hail for 40 min... this happened some time in the middle of the storm. Is this normal and something that just happens occasionally? I searched but couldn’t find much.
753B5626-DFC6-4361-97D8-EAB9F3E03625.png

Thanks for the insite. I have been using this charger at my office for the past few years with my BMW I3 without issue and no lights flickered in the office, but a power fluctuation would make sense. Just thought I should check here with all of you with more Tesla experience. Surprised the app didn’t send me a charging interrupted notification.

Thanks for the insite. I have been using this charger at my office for the past few years with my BMW I3 without issue and no lights flickered in the office, but a power fluctuation would make sense. Just thought I should check here with all of you with more Tesla experience. Surprised the app didn’t send me a charging interrupted notification.

This screenshot is from the Android version, but should be similar in the iOS version. Might double-check to see if notifications are enabled for "Charging Interrupted" just in case.

MvjaO6z.png

Last night I had a charge scheduled for 11pm which turned out to be in the middle of a major rainstorm. According to TeslaFI the car woke up, sniffed around for a few minutes, then went back to sleep without charging. When I woke it at 7am it started charging on its own.