Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Charging stopped notification, but not really

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So it seems every time I plug in at our local University charging goes great and then about 10 minutes in I get a notice that charging has stopped with X % of charge. But, charging does not in fact stop and charging continues until charge limit (80%) is reached. Any ideas? This does not happen at superchargers or home.

I've been experiencing this recently at home too. The notification says to check in the car for more information, but there's no more information there.

Not sure if it's a tiny blip in power, a recent software update, or both (e.g. software used to ignore tiny blips but not anymore).

Any time I've gotten one of these and checked the app, the car is charging 🤷

So I'm not the only one! I also get these notifications almost every time I charge at home. When I have big charge (say from 25% to 80%), I might get four notifications throughout the night, at various levels of charge. The charging always ends up continuing and completing to the desired level. Every time I open the app, even shortly after getting a notification, it seems to be charging fine.

I recently did a road trip, and I did not experience this problem anywhere else (including four different level 2 chargers, multiple supercharging stops, and two different level 1 charges with the mobile charger). It only happens with my wall connector at home.

Is it a software issue then? Anyone have any intel from Tesla about the problem?

This happened to me a few times over a few days, but not since. I assumed it was a software issue at first (because there are so many), but perhaps there were actually some "micro-blips" in the supply.

I'd still call that a software issue... the car shouldn't fire you a notification for a momentary lapse of power.

It's been doing it the whole time I've owned the car (around 2 months). I thought it might be because my WiFi to my car is weak and might be dropping out, but looks like I'm not alone. It constantly happens, but only when charging at home. My latest charge, it's pinged me every hour (nothing in the Service > Notifications, and car is charging fine):
Screenshot_20230514-175201~2.png

I continue to get the “Charging Stopped” message but it doesn’t stop charging. I can receive the message a few times during a charge. I have charged at home for a couple of years but this issue only started a few months ago. I have had a few software updates and the problem is still there.