Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Charging Stops

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My 2017 Model S all of a sudden stops charging after about 5 minutes. I tried using the chord that plugs into the 110v outlet and it also stops after about 5 minutes. None of the house breakers are tripping so I’m baffled on why it stops charging. I took to Tesla and it charged there with no problem and they said they didn’t read any error codes. But then later in the day they sent me a message stating they found a firmware problem that was triggering a charge problem and they were sending me a fix. I never got the fix and they won’t respond to me about the fix but said I should bring it in and they will look at it, like they won’t acknowledge that I was already there a day ago !?! Also I went to my sons house and used his charger and my car charged just fine. I’m perplexed. Anyone else experiencing this problem?

My 2017 Model S all of a sudden stops charging after about 5 minutes. I tried using the chord that plugs into the 110v outlet and it also stops after about 5 minutes. None of the house breakers are tripping so I’m baffled on why it stops charging. I took to Tesla and it charged there with no problem and they said they didn’t read any error codes. But then later in the day they sent me a message stating they found a firmware problem that was triggering a charge problem and they were sending me a fix. I never got the fix and they won’t respond to me about the fix but said I should bring it in and they will look at it, like they won’t acknowledge that I was already there a day ago !?! Also I went to my sons house and used his charger and my car charged just fine. I’m perplexed. Anyone else experiencing this problem?
If it’s charging fine on other equipment then it’s likely your mobile connector is the problem.

Reactions: brkaus