TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Charging suggestions in Jersey City/Staten Island area (overnight)

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic' started by bhuwan, Jun 12, 2013.

1. bhuwan

bhuwan Active Member

Looked around, but couldn't find anything.

Although I don't really need the charge (85kWh Boston -> NY, with Milford supercharge), I'd still like to be able to plug in at night :)

Anyone have any suggestions for charging in the area?

2. kendallpb

kendallpb Model S: P 8061

I'm not in that area, but Edison Parkfast seems to have various locations and charging--no idea what they're like for overnight parking charges or EV charging fees.

Tesla's Paramus store has a HPWC that Model S owners can use, according to Tesla's site. It's half an hour north of Jersey City; you could hit it on your way back, if you have time (probably not overnight, sorry).

But if you're going back up north to Milford and Boston, it's just under 80 miles each way, I think--just top off at Milford again instead--it'd be much faster. The round trip to Jersey city from Milford is similar to the Milford to Boston trip one-way.

Good luck, whatever you find/do.

3. bhuwan

bhuwan Active Member

ThanKS