Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Charging the X with the Lectron CCS adaptor

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

ecarfan

After updating my recently acquired Lectron CCS adaptor (also known as a SETEC CCS adaptor) to firmware V150 (a hassle to do, since I do not own a Windows computer and have to borrow one) I was able to successfully charge my Model X today for the first time at a BC Hydro charging station in North Vancouver, BC, Canada.

My X is on V2020.48.37.2. I’m wondering if there are other X owners with the latest Tesla software using that adaptor and if they have had any issues. There are several threads on TMC in various forums discussing issues with the adaptor when used with the Model 3, depending on which Tesla software version they are on and which adaptor firmware version they are using.

If you search TMC for “SETEC” you will find a few threads about it. My understanding is that it works by emulating the CHADdeMO protocol and is limited to 50kW. When I tested mine, my battery was already at about 80% and I got 34kW. My X is a 2017. It can charge at 120kW (if memory serves) on a DC fast charger that can deliver that much, like a Supercharger.

Reactions: theothertom
Courtesy of Elon and Co, 1 - you can now only charge at 50kw and 2 - you will need at least firmware 161-1, since otherwise the car will say it is an invalid charger
Sorry, correction: the Lectron CCS adaptor web page states this:

”FAST CHARGING - Up to 70-80 kWh charging rate supported for Tesla Model S/X and up to 50 kWh supported for Tesla Model 3/Y”

See Lectron CCS Charger Adapter for Tesla, 200A & 100-800V DC - For Tesla Owners Only, Now Access Fastest CCS Charging Stations Using Our CCS Adapter

Tesla has tweeted that the company will start selling their own CCS adaptor “soon” in North America

Assuming it works reliably, that will likely be the end of SETEC CCS adaptor sales in North America, unless the Tesla adaptor is much more expensive, which seems unlikely.
don't get too happy, only supports the Y and 3 now. X and S owners are out of luck