Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Charging Threshold not visible [vehicle charging setting while off grid]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’d like to be able to set the vehicle Charging Threshold when my grid is offline.

I assumed that because I can’t see this option, Tesla had simply not set it up correctly, so I chatted with a rep.

The first rep switched me to the vehicle side, who quickly understood my problem and sent me back to Energy.

The next rep opened a ticket to try to get this fixed, but then emailed me back shortly to say the following:

After our chat I was informed that the feature was actually removed from all HI sites. This is due to the feature causing issues with solar inverters.

I‘ve checked, and several other people in my state with Powerwalls and vehicles have the option available in their app. This reason therefore Is hard to believe. I asked him to check this out again, but he has clearly closed the ticket and moved on.

How could interactions with inverters have anything to do with setting a charge limit for the vehicle? If this feature only operates when off grid, why would it be different in one state versus another?

What should I do? Take another spin of the CSR roulette wheel? There doesn’t appear to be an escalation path when dealing with Tesla Energy.