Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Charging @ TMC Connect

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That's great news for ReFuel! Too bad on the hours, though. I suspect we won't be able to make it in from the Bay Area by then, the conference on Saturday occupies most of the time, and then I need to be charged up for ReFuel on Sunday. Hopefully I can snag an L2... or get up early to use a Supercharger first thing Sunday morning. I wonder how many Model S are participating in ReFuel.

I've managed to get the access hours extended to midnight. Therefore charging will be available in the paddock area of Laguna Seca from 7am to midnight on Friday and Saturday.

So if you're supercharger enabled, please charge up at Laguna Seca on your way to the hotel to reduce the load on our on site Level 2.

I've managed to get the access hours extended to midnight. Therefore charging will be available in the paddock area of Laguna Seca from 7am to midnight on Friday and Saturday.

So if you're supercharger enabled, please charge up at Laguna Seca on your way to the hotel to reduce the load on our on site Level 2.

That's fantastic! Just so we know, will there be a gate fee Friday/Saturday for those signed up for the ReFuel HPDE? Not a big deal, just wanted to limit the surprises. :)

Starting to get excited!

Edit: SpeedVentures JUST sent out an email: gate fee applies to anyone visiting the track, even ReFuel participants.

Last edited:
Here's a paddock map showing where charging is located. I'm told the Superchargers are the plug symbol near "Driver Registration".
http://www.speedventures.com/the-line/REFUEL-2014-PaddockMap.pdf

Also one of the days (I forget which, maybe both), there is a Model S running with the ICE vehicles. That guy should be allowed priority if others are charging. I assume his car will have a number on the side and thus be easy to identify.

mazda raceway laguna seca just uploaded this photo, not sure if they will be a permanent installation.
10492051_10152621831988410_3424178577799848419_n.jpg

Should be obvious, but the way these work is park nose in on the right side and back in on the left side.

Looks like a pretty good number of charging locations. Beyond the Superchargers it would appear there will be a number of other options in the paddock. Any particular adapters we need? I'll be bringing everything I have, but could try to scramble to scrounge something else up if it would help. I wonder if those locations in the pits are welding outlets (NEMA 6-50)?

For Model S only? Is there anything for Roadster?
Hi TEG,

I'm at the bar, from here I don't see much in the way of anything for Roadsters.

In fact I've been here a while and I don't see much of anything. ;)

Larry

- - - Updated - - -

Giz, Larry,
We fly out in 5 hrs. Let me know if y'all need me to bring our 6-50.
Hi Dave,

Gee, maybe I could use it for my Mr. Coffee machine. ;)

Larry

Last edited:
As a note for anyone stopping by Laguna tonight, the only restrooms that are unlocked are in the premium box area on the far side of the paddock. All the rest are locked. Don't waste your time walking to all of them like us. :)

The signage for the paddock area is poor, go slowly, but there's no gate agents working, so we didn't have to pay the gate fee. They'll get it from us on Sunday, though.

Not sure if it'll work, but here's a better map they posted inside the paddock.
basytyvy.jpg

Last edited:
Tesla put together this map of charging in the area.
pdf-download: View attachment 54062

We also havesome NEMA 14-50s near by if anyone needs.

If anyone has a chance to take notes, I would like to know what the offered current is for the HPWCs at the hotel, the max power from the mobile Superchargers (90, 120, or 135 kW), and a picture of the Mobile Supercharger. Thanks! Bonus points for a picture of the transformer and its label that is feeding the Mobile Superchargers.

Enjoy!

This year we put most of our resources in the charging available at the track, which is just 9 miles away. The charging facilities will be open to all on Friday and Saturday 7am to 7pm (while non-EV specific events are going on). This includes 6 supercharger stalls as well as some Roadster HPCs. It's possible there might be a $10 gate charge, but then you'll get a wrist band that will give you access for the rest of the weekend.

There will also be Level 2 charging available at the hotel, but those who are Supercharger capable should definitely top off at Laguna Seca on their way in.

The HPWCs at the hotel (at least the ones near the valet area) are only 40A, FYI.

FYI, I've been assured the gates at Laguna Seca will be open all night tonight. I'd say midnight, just to be safe. Charging tomorrow at the track will be exclusively for those participating in performance events. So go grab a supercharge if you need it.