Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Charging two Teslas

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks everyone for all the info. I decided to run with 48 amps on my car with the HPWC and run the wife’s car using the corded connector and limiting it to 30 amps. I like to keep the UMCs in the cars in case of an emergency which is why I opted to buy the corded connector. The wife’s car can be bumped to 40 amps if faster charging is needed from time to time. So far everything looks good.

Reactions: Rocky_H
My thoughs on charging 2 teslas in the same 50amp circuit with different daily needs for departure time and charging needs that SW in the cars decides how to best optimize the usage of that capacity to deliver the most it can for each car period. Tesla seems to be great at many things this should not be that difficult

• Funny
Reactions: Rocky_H
My thoughs on charging 2 teslas in the same 50amp circuit with different daily needs for departure time and charging needs that SW in the cars decides how to best optimize the usage of that capacity to deliver the most it can for each car period. Tesla seems to be great at many things this should not be that difficult

it isnt difficult at all. You just have to have the proper equipment to do so, and now in two different threads where you have asked or commented about this, you have not said what specifically you are using.

If you follow the instructions to get charging for 2 cars setup properly with sharing, or have a permitted installation where each one has its own circuit like all current electrical code requires, everything is fine.

Hi All

Just met with my electrician and will increase the service to the house to 200 amp so each Tesla 3 has its own breaker at 50A even thought 32 Amps is all they need so no need to power share I rather invest in a long term solution since who knows where electric cars needs will eb in the future than to struggle with sharing 50Amps and the price difference for doing so is not much

it isnt difficult at all. You just have to have the proper equipment to do so, and now in two different threads where you have asked or commented about this, you have not said what specifically you are using.
Hi All

Just met with my electrician and will increase the service to the house to 200 amp so each Tesla 3 has its own breaker at 50A even thought 32 Amps is all they need so no need to power share I rather invest in a long term solution since who knows where electric cars needs will eb in the future than to struggle with sharing 50Amps and the price difference for doing so is not much
And again, we still don't know what @georges888 is using...