Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Charging when waiting to set up app

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Zj2712

Oct 10, 2021
Uk
Hi,

I recently bought a used (6 month old) model 3 from a car dealership. I have not yet installed a home charging point and have a super charger close by for the meantime. My issue is that I cannot set the app up as I do not yet have registration papers etc for the vehicle. I have a Tesla account set up but cannot yet link the car to the account. I charged at a Tesla supercharger yesterday with a warning to pay for the charging put I cannot access anywhere to actually make payment as the car isn’t linked to my account yet.

Does anyone have a solution or advice on how to get the car linked to my account?

Thanks

Do you have a Tesla account?

OP mentions they have a tesla account in the first post, but can not add the car to it yet. I dont know any other solution for this OP (for using a supercharger) other than to get the car transferred to their name so they can add it to their account.

Until that happens, they are going to have to plan to charge in public places using something other than superchargers, imo.

Reactions: hcdavis3
Upvote 0
Does anyone have a solution or advice on how to get the car linked to my account?
Now would be a good time to investigate all of the public charging infrastructure (non-Supercharger) around your area. Sign up for one or two of the services. I believe you can check here for more information:

Upvote 0
OP mentions they have a tesla account in the first post, but can not add the car to it yet. I dont know any other solution for this OP (for using a supercharger) other than to get the car transferred to their name so they can add it to their account.

Until that happens, they are going to have to plan to charge in public places using something other than superchargers, imo.
Thanks Jj . I noticed that just after posting, but was too late to edit.

Reactions: jjrandorin
Upvote 0