Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Charging while at Pearson International Airport

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just returned from a four day trip and my car was parked in level 5 Express parking at The Toronto airport.
Normal charge is $90.00 a day but with an EV you get to pay the normal $28.00.
I plugged it in at their spots near the entrance , which was nice, and i was told to pay upon exiting and not the machine in the parking area.
This way, you can show the attendant your Tesla and the price would be the $28.00 a day.
However, after loading 8 big suitcases and a colleague into the car to go home, I quickly discovered that there was no attendant at th exit.
I pressed the call button on the ticket machine and spoke to someone who, after 20 minutes or so, sent a supervisor along and she manually changed the ticket to read $28.00 instead of $90.00.
It went from $360.00 to $84.00.

Apparently, the airport laid off some people and the parking attendant people ere some of the casualties. Imagine that!
The supervisor told me in future to go inside where you pay the ticket normally, when you arrive from your flight as there is always a person or two there.
Why didn't they say that originally? A hassle but at least I now know.
I just wished they could lower the $28.00 fee to say $16.00 or so.

• Helpful
Reactions: ig_epower