TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Charging while washing car

Discussion in 'Model 3: Battery & Charging' started by Konea, Oct 5, 2019.

1. Konea

Konea Member

i live in a condo with no charging station. However at the car washing bay there is an outlet. Can one plug in the Tesla while washing the car?

2. ucmndd

ucmndd Well-Known Member

Sure, do whatever you want. But are you really desperate enough for 4 miles of range to go through the hassle while you wash your car for an hour?

3. vickh

vickh Active Member

This answers my question about charging in the rain (if you have too) How about Supercharging?

4. Rockster

Rockster Active Member

I’ve supercharged numerous times in Texas springtime thunderstorms so intense that I couldn’t see ten feet through the driving rain.

5. ewoodrick

ewoodrick Well-Known Member

120V plug just ain't going to worth plugging into for an hour.

• Like x 1