Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

charging your car in Sweden: compatible charging cards?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi,
Shout out to all swedish Tesla drivers or anyone with experience of driving their Tesla in Sweden.

We will be traveling in South to mid Sweden (up to Lofsdalen, Jämtlands län) this May. Given that there are few SuCs in the area we'll need to charge from public charging stations.
I currently have a Newmotion/Shell and Chargemap charging card and want to make sure I bring along the right charging cards.
What are the most prevailing charging cards in Sweden?
Do all fast chargers support Chademo or should I best convert my car charger to CCS or bring along another adapter?
BTW, what electricity plugs are used in Swedish households so I can use that as a backup.

thank you for your help!
kr,
Xavier

Hi,

it might be late, but charging stations are available all over the place: CSS, Chademo and Type.
Use apps: PlugShare, ‎Fortum Charge & Drive Norway, ‎Bee Charging, ‎Ladda elbilen

Lidl store offer free charging in most cases. Some shopping center offer also free charging with slow speed 3.7 kW per hour and limited parking for 4 hours, where you have to leave premises and repark a car.

Just keep using PlugShare and read comments!

Hi,

it might be late, but charging stations are available all over the place: CSS, Chademo and Type.
Use apps: PlugShare, ‎Fortum Charge & Drive Norway, ‎Bee Charging, ‎Ladda elbilen

Lidl store offer free charging in most cases. Some shopping center offer also free charging with slow speed 3.7 kW per hour and limited parking for 4 hours, where you have to leave premises and repark a car.

Just keep using PlugShare and read comments!

Thank You!
Due to covid19 travel restrictions we have postponed our trip to next year. Looking forward to it!

Thank You!
Due to covid19 travel restrictions we have postponed our trip to next year. Looking forward to it!
Well, we have been 2 weeks ok. It is safe to go, just keep distancing and precaution measure.
Despite not welcomed news around, all people keep distancing, and previously densely populated areas are safe to visit, especially tourist places, where you could never take a great picture. In shops, grocery stores and so on, everyone keeps distancing.
We have met a lot of cars with foreign number plates, especially on supercharges.

Well, we have been 2 weeks ok. It is safe to go, just keep distancing and precaution measure.
Despite not welcomed news around, all people keep distancing, and previously densely populated areas are safe to visit, especially tourist places, where you could never take a great picture. In shops, grocery stores and so on, everyone keeps distancing.
We have met a lot of cars with foreign number plates, especially on supercharges.
The number of victims in europe taken from the CEDC website and published yesterday in Belgian newspapers made us decide no to leave in 6 weeks. the situation in Sweden seems to be similar to what we had in Belgium 2-3 months ago. not worth taking the risk for our honeymoon now. we'll be back next year in may :)
d09c84fe-bfc7-11ea-bb08-fab6d9cc0402.jpg

Je répète la question initiale. Nous allons faire un voyage en Suède puis en Norvège puis au Danemark l’année prochaine et j’aimerais savoir quelles applications ou cartes avoir pour charger la Tesla.J’ai déjà Shell Recharge, Chargemap et Plugsurfing

Je répète la question initiale. Nous allons faire un voyage en Suède puis en Norvège puis au Danemark l’année prochaine et j’aimerais savoir quelles applications ou cartes avoir pour charger la Tesla.J’ai déjà Shell Recharge, Chargemap et Plugsurfing

Didn't understand anything except for the last word. :)

Plugsurfing is amazing. You don't necessarily need anything else. Last summer we drove from Finland to Italy and back, and one week driving around Italy. We only used Tesla superchargers and Plugsurfing.

If you have multiple apps you might find a bit better price if you check every one of them. But I didn't bother, just showed Plugsurfing RFID tag and it just worked everywhere. :)